A test that you didn’t study for and ultimately failed; a job interview that you didn’t prepare for and didn’t ace; hurtful words spoken in an angry or frustrated moment that hurt someone you care about. All of this is fixable with the proper steps and care. The same can’t be said for more permanent mistakes, including a tattoo obtained while drunk or simply living in the moment, no matter how large or small.
Investing in tattoo removal can be costly, so do your research before jumping on the first idea or offer that comes your way. At Remedy, we take pride in providing you with honest, to-the-point answers to all of your skin concerns. We can actively address any issue with a customized, step-by-step approach and expert advice from only board-certified dermatologists.
Our clinic takes pride in keeping updated on industry and market technology and undergoing ongoing research on all things skin and health. Why do we create high-quality dermatology products and services? Because we believe that everyone has the right to be comfortable in their own skin and be their best selves. To help you meet those goals, we have created Tattoo-X, a Q-switched laser tattoo removal treatment.
Let's start with the basics
Laser tattoo removal works by directing laser energy deep into the dermal layer of the skin, where the ink particles are found. Laser treatments are more effective than using an ointment or lotion to remove tattoos because topical solutions can’t penetrate the skin’s surface deep enough to reach the tattoo particles. Tattoos were considered permanent before laser treatments entered the market and industry because the tattoo ink particles were too large for the immune system to handle. But now, it doesn't have to be.
How exactly do they work?
Tattoo-X, Remedy’s newest tattoo removal treatment, uses cutting-edge tattoo removal technology. The laser energy targets ink particles and shatters them into smaller particles for elimination by the body. This treatment is superior for Asian and darker skin types because it can safely remove tattoos with less pain and the least risk of scarring and hypopigmentation. Multicolored tattoos might need treatment with lasers with different wavelengths for optimal results.
Each laser therapy session penetrates the epidermis and dermis, and breaks down the ink particles smaller and smaller—until the cells in the body can carry them away for elimination.
What to expect during these treatments
This is how everything will go:
- Before anything happens treatment-wise, we require all our clients to meet and consult with Remedy’s circle board-certified dermatologists. They’ll prescribe you with a treatment plan that’s customized and best fit for you.
- We’ll apply topical anesthesia to make everything as painless and comfortable as possible.
- The treatment begins: we’ll start applying a laser handpiece to your skin. You can expect minimal rubber band snapping sensations from start to finish of the procedure.
- During the procedure, frosting can happen. This is a phenomenon that occurs during laser removal. Specifically, this is when ink particles emit carbon dioxide bubbles, which ascend to the top layer of skin and appear white and frosted [like cake icing].
- We finish everything up with the application of anti-inflammatory cream after the procedure.
How much time should I commit to a treatment or a series of treatments?
Because everyone’s tattoos and skin sensitivity are unique, each individual will differ in the laser tattoo removal treatment method. Tattoo removal typically requires ten to twelve laser treatments, with each session requiring six to eight weeks of rest and recuperation time. The number of sessions needed will depend on the size, age, location, density and color of tattoo you want to remove.
What steps or what regimen should I follow after a tattoo laser treatment?
Shortly after treatment, the treated area may appear pink and swollen. Anti-inflammatory cream will be given to hasten healing. Side effects such as scabbing, pinpoint bleeding, blisters flaking and crusting are also possible. Scarring, hyper- or hypopigmentation, and tattoo pigment color change are possible side effects.
Here’s a list of things you should never do after a treatment:
- Do not pick at the scab because this can cause scar tissue to form and develop;
- Avoid exposing the treated area to direct heat and sunlight;
- Do not let high-pressure and hot water make contact with the treated area;
- Swimming in pools, baths, hot tubs, and saunas should be avoided until your dermatologist clears you;
- Limit any strenuous physical activity, especially any exercises that may cause you to sweat in that treated area;
- Do not shave or apply makeup and other products on the treated area.
TLDR (too long, didn’t read)
Only Q-Switched lasers have the power to erase both dark and bright tattoos with the least risk of scarring. Experience the Remedy difference with our Tattoo-X treatments, and walk out looking as radiant as ever—minus that tattoo you no longer have to worry about.
Book a one-on-one, private consultation with a board-certified dermatologist; and see how we do things differently and excellently at Remedy. Contact us today using these numbers: +63 917 873 6339 / +63 2 7975 7984. You can also send us a message on our social media accounts: Instagram (@remedy.ph), Facebook (@remedyph), and www.remedy.ph.